|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Rules of Practice 1994 (S.R. 1994, No. 229)
|Requested: 28 Mar 2017|
|Consolidated as at: 17 Mar 2006|
6. Firm names and professional description
(1) A practitioner may carry on a practice under a firm name that includes
(a) that practitioner's name; or
(b) the names of any partner or former partner of the firm.
(2) A practitioner must not carry on a practice under a firm name, other than a firm name specified under subrule (1), without the approval of the Society.
(3) An application for approval is to
(a) be in writing; and
(b) specify the proposed firm name; and
(c) be lodged with the Executive Director.
(4) The Society may
(a) grant the approval; or
(b) refuse to grant the approval.
(5) The Society must not grant an approval if a firm name is misleading or deceptive or is likely to mislead or deceive.