|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Asbestos-Related Diseases (Occupational Exposure) Compensation Act 2011 (No. 29 of 2011)
|Requested: 16 Apr 2014|
|Consolidated as at: 21 Feb 2012|
124. Commissioner's determination of application may be referred to Tribunal
(1) A person who has made an application for compensation under this Act may refer to the Tribunal a determination of the Commissioner under section 70 in relation to the application.
(2) A person may only refer to the Tribunal under subsection (1) a determination of the Commissioner under section 70 within 40 business days after the person receives notice of the determination under section 70(6).
(3) If a determination of the Commissioner under section 70 in relation to an application for compensation is referred to the Tribunal under this section, the Tribunal is to determine the referral by making under that section a determination in relation to the matter that the Commissioner could make.
(4) Despite subsection (3), section 71 does not apply to the Tribunal.
(5) A determination by the Tribunal of a matter in accordance with subsection (3) is to be taken to be a determination of the Commissioner under section 70 except that the determination may not be referred to the Tribunal.