|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Asbestos-Related Diseases (Occupational Exposure) Compensation Act 2011 (No. 29 of 2011)
|Requested: 8 Mar 2014|
|Consolidated as at: 21 Feb 2012|
27. Determination of State of connection by Commissioner or Tribunal
(1) If the question of whether this State is the State of connection arises in a proceeding before the Commissioner or the Tribunal in relation to an application for compensation, the Commissioner or Tribunal must determine the State of connection in accordance with section 26.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if there is a determination of the State of connection that is to be recognised under section 28.
(3) A person who makes an application for compensation, or the Crown, may refer to the Tribunal for determination the question of which State is the State of connection in relation to the person.
(4) A referral may not be made under subsection (3) in relation to a relevant employment period if there is a determination of the State of connection that is to be recognised under section 28 in relation to that period.