|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Liquor and Accommodation Act 1990 (No. 44 of 1990)
|Requested: 1 Aug 2014|
|Consolidated as at: Sessional|
131. Power of Commissioner to suspend accommodation licence
(1) If the Commissioner is satisfied that
the Commissioner may give the licensee a written notice requiring the licensee to comply with a direction specified in the notice.
(a) a licensee has failed to comply with an obligation under Division 5 (obligations of licensees); or
(b) the premises specified in an accommodation licence do not comply with the accommodation standards applicable to the classification of tourist accommodation specified in the licence
(2) If a licensee fails to comply with a direction specified in a notice given in accordance with subsection (1) the Commissioner may, by written notice served on the licensee
(a) suspend the licence of the licensee in respect of all or any part of the premises specified in the licence; or
(b) reclassify the premises specified in the licence.
(3) If the Commissioner gives notice under subsection (2) suspending a licence or reclassifying premises the Commissioner shall at the same time inform the licensee of the licensee's right to appeal to the Board against the suspension or reclassification.
(4) The suspension of an accommodation licence or the reclassification of accommodation under this section takes effect when notice of the suspension or reclassification is served on the licensee or on such later date as is specified in the notice.
(5) The Commissioner may revoke a suspension under subsection (2) at any time by notice served on the licensee.