|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Liquor and Accommodation Act 1990 (No. 44 of 1990)
|Requested: 31 Jan 2015|
|Consolidated as at: Sessional|
175. Consideration of assessment of wine
(1) The Commissioner shall assess any wine sent to the Commissioner for assessment to confirm whether or not it complies with the relevant wine standard.
(2) If the Commissioner is satisfied that a wine complies with the relevant wine standard the Commissioner shall issue a certificate to that effect to the applicant.
(3) If the Commissioner is not satisfied that a wine complies with the relevant wine standard the Commissioner shall inform the applicant accordingly, and shall, at the same time, inform the applicant of the applicant's right to have the wine reassessed at any time.
(4) The Commissioner shall not issue a certificate under this section in respect of a wine unless the Commissioner is satisfied that
(a) the applicant is the holder of a wine producers licence and that the licence has not been suspended or cancelled in respect of the premises where the wine was produced or where the grapes used to produce the wine were grown; and
(b) the juice used to make the wine was produced from grapes grown in Tasmania.
(5) The Commissioner is not required to take any action in respect of an application for the assessment of a wine if
(a) any prescribed application fee has not been paid; or
(b) further particulars required by the Commissioner in accordance with section 174(2)(a) have not been supplied; or
(c) a further sample of the wine required by the Commissioner in accordance with section 174 (2)(b) has not been supplied.