|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Liquor and Accommodation Act 1990 (No. 44 of 1990)
|Requested: 18 May 2013|
|Consolidated as at: Sessional|
181. Power of Commissioner to suspend licence
(1) If the Commissioner is satisfied that
the Commissioner may give the licensee a written notice requiring the licensee to comply with a direction specified in the notice.
(a) a licensee has failed to comply with an obligation under Division 6 (obligations of licensees); or
(b) the condition of the premises specified in a wine producers licence is such that they are no longer satisfactory for producing wine or for growing grapes
(2) If a licensee fails to comply with a direction specified in a notice given in accordance with subsection (1) the Commissioner may, by written notice served on the licensee, suspend the wine producers licence of the licensee in respect of all or any part of the premises specified in the licence.
(3) If the Commissioner gives notice under subsection (2) suspending a wine producers licence the Commissioner shall at the same time inform the licensee of the licensee's right to appeal to the Board against the suspension of the licence.
(4) The suspension of a licence under this section takes effect when notice of the suspension is served on the licensee or on such later date as is specified in the notice.
(5) The Commissioner may revoke a suspension under subsection (2) at any time.