|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Liquor and Accommodation Act 1990 (No. 44 of 1990)
|Requested: 26 Nov 2014|
|Consolidated as at: Sessional|
206. Licensing Board
(1) There is established a Licensing Board.
(2) The Board consists of
appointed by the Governor.
(a) a presiding member; and
(b) 2 other members
(3) One member of the Board shall be a legal practitioner.
(4) The Governor may appoint a deputy of a member of the Board.
(5) The deputy of the member referred to in subsection (3) shall be a legal practitioner.
(6) If a member is absent from a meeting of the Board the member's deputy may attend, and, when doing so, is to be taken to be a member.
(7) When the deputy of the presiding member attends a meeting of the Board the deputy is to be taken to be the presiding member.
(8) A member or deputy member holds office for the term set out in his or her instrument of appointment.
(9) A member or deputy member may resign at any time by giving written notice of resignation to the Minister.
(10) It is a term of the appointment of a member or deputy member that the Governor may terminate the appointment at any time for inability, inefficiency, misbehaviour or physical or mental incapacity.
(11) The quorum for a meeting of the Board is 2.
(12) A member or deputy member is to be paid a remuneration and allowances determined by the Governor.
(13) Except as otherwise provided in this Act, the Board may regulate its proceedings.