|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Liquor and Accommodation Act 1990 (No. 44 of 1990)
|Requested: 26 Apr 2015|
|Consolidated as at: Sessional|
24. Consideration of application for liquor licence
(1) After receiving an application for a liquor licence the Commissioner shall satisfy himself or herself that the applicant is qualified to hold the licence applied for.
(2) If the Commissioner is satisfied that an applicant for a liquor licence is qualified to hold the licence the Commissioner shall refer the application to the Board for a hearing.
(3) The Commissioner is not required to take any action in respect of an application for a liquor licence if
(a) the prescribed application fee has not been paid; or
(b) any further particulars required by the Commissioner in accordance with section 23(2) have not been supplied.
(4) If the Commissioner is not satisfied that the applicant is qualified to hold the licence applied for the Commissioner shall
(a) notify the applicant accordingly; and
(b) inform the applicant of the applicant's right to appeal to the Board against the Commissioner's decision.