|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Liquor and Accommodation Act 1990 (No. 44 of 1990)
|Requested: 21 May 2013|
|Consolidated as at: Sessional|
Division 3 - Accommodation permits
124. Qualifications for accommodation permit
A person is not qualified to be granted an accommodation permit unless the person is a natural person who
(a) has attained the age of 18 years; and
(b) has satisfied the Commissioner that the person will be able to exercise personal and effective control over the provision of tourist accommodation on the premises in respect of which the permit is sought.
125. Application for accommodation permit
(1) An application for an accommodation permit
(a) shall be made on a form provided or approved for the purpose by the Commissioner; and
(b) shall be accompanied by any prescribed fee; and
(c) shall be made at least 7 days before the permit is to take effect, or such lesser period as the Commissioner may agree.
(2) The Commissioner may require an applicant for an accommodation permit to supply the Commissioner with such further particulars (including plans where relevant) as the Commissioner considers necessary for a proper consideration of the application.
126. Consideration of an application for an accommodation permit
(1) After considering an application for an accommodation permit the Commissioner shall
and shall inform the applicant accordingly.
(a) grant the permit; or
(b) refuse to grant the permit
(2) If the Commissioner refuses to grant an accommodation permit the Commissioner shall, when informing the applicant of the refusal, also inform the applicant of the applicant's right to appeal to the Board against the Commissioner's decision.
(3) The Commissioner shall not grant an accommodation permit unless the Commissioner is satisfied that the applicant is qualified to hold the permit.
(4) The Commissioner is not required to take any action in respect of an application for an accommodation permit if
(a) any prescribed application fee has not been paid; or
(b) any further particulars required by the Commissioner in accordance with section 125(2) have not been supplied.
127. Duration of accommodation permit
An accommodation permit is valid during the period specified in it but may be terminated at any time in accordance with this Part.
128. Accommodation permit not transferable
(1) An accommodation permit is not transferable.
(2) If an attempt is made to transfer the benefit of an accommodation permit the permit is cancelled with effect from the date of the attempted transfer.
129. Cancellation of accommodation permit
(1) The Commissioner may cancel an accommodation permit at any time if the Commissioner is satisfied that it is in the public interest to do so.
(2) The cancellation of an accommodation permit has effect when notice of the cancellation is served on the person to whom the permit was granted.
130. Surrender of accommodation permit
The holder of an accommodation permit may surrender the permit to the Commissioner at any time.