|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Liquor and Accommodation Act 1990 (No. 44 of 1990)
|Requested: 19 May 2013|
|Consolidated as at: Sessional|
Division 8 - Licence fees accommodation licences
156. Licence fees
(1) The prescribed licence fee is payable by the licensee to the Commissioner on the grant of an accommodation licence and subsequently on 1 January in each year.
(2) The fee payable on the grant of an accommodation licence may be reduced proportionately where the licence is granted other than on 1 January in any year.
157. Commissioner to assess accommodation licence fees
(1) The Commissioner shall
(a) assess the licence fees payable by a licensee; and
(b) send a notice to the licensee informing the licensee of the amount of the licence fee the licensee is required to pay.
(2) If the Commissioner is satisfied that an assessment of a licence fee was too high the Commissioner may
(a) reassess the fee; and
(i) refund any over-payment; or
(ii) remit any subsequent licence fee payable by the licensee to the extent of any over-payment.
158. Penalty for late payment of accommodation licence fees
(1) If a licensee fails to pay an accommodation licence fee by the prescribed time there is payable by the licensee an additional fee of 10% of the amount due for payment.
(2) If a licensee fails to pay an accommodation licence fee
the licence is suspended.
(a) within one month of it becoming payable; or
(b) by any later date the Commissioner may agree
(3) The suspension of a licence in accordance with subsection (2) ends when any outstanding licence fee payable by the licensee is paid to the Commissioner.