|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Liquor and Accommodation Act 1990 (No. 44 of 1990)
|Requested: 23 May 2013|
|Consolidated as at: Sessional|
PART 6 - Miscellaneous
224. Transitional provisions
The transitional provisions set out in Schedule 1 have effect.
225. Consequential repeals, &c., and amendments
(1) The Acts specified in Part 1 of Schedule 2 are repealed.
(2) The subsidiary legislation specified in Part 2 of Schedule 2 is rescinded.
(3) See Schedule 3.
(1) The Governor may make regulations for the purpose of this Act.
(2) Regulations made under this Act may
(a) prescribe the fees payable in respect of matters under this Act for which no fee is prescribed by the Act; and
(b) prescribe the fees, allowances and sums by way of reimbursement of expenses that are payable to a person who attends a hearing of the Board pursuant to a notice served in accordance with section 213(5); and
(c) authorize any matter or thing to be determined, applied or regulated by the Commissioner or the Board; and
(d) provide for the imposition of a penalty, not exceeding 10 penalty units, for a contravention of a regulation.
(3) Regulations made under this Act may contain provisions of a savings or transitional nature consequent on the enactment of this Act.
(4) A provision referred to in subsection (3) may, if the regulations so provide, take effect from the date of assent of this Act or a later date.
227. Administration of Act
Until an order is made under section 4 of the Administrative Arrangements Act 1990
(a) the administration of this Act is assigned to the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation; and
(b) the Department responsible to the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation is the Department of Tourism, Sport and Recreation.