|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Police Service Act 2003 (No. 75 of 2003)
|Requested: 20 Dec 2014|
|Consolidated as at: 21 Feb 2012|
15. Trainees and junior constables
(1) The Commissioner may appoint persons as trainees or junior constables for a period not exceeding 2 years subject to any terms and conditions as specified in the instrument of appointment.
(2) A person may only be appointed as a junior constable if the person is at least 16 years of age but has not attained the age of 21 years.
(3) . . . . . . . .
(4) The Commissioner may determine the qualifications, skills, attributes and medical, physical or other requirements for appointment under this section.
(5) A trainee or junior constable
(a) is subject to the direction and control of the Commissioner; and
(b) is to undertake the duties assigned to him or her.
(6) The Commissioner may terminate the appointment of a trainee or junior constable for any reason the Commissioner considers appropriate.