|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Police Service Act 2003 (No. 75 of 2003)
|Requested: 1 Jul 2015|
|Consolidated as at: 21 Feb 2012|
59. Determination relating to promotion to rank of inspector
(1) After conducting a review relating to a promotion to the rank of inspector under section 55(2)(a), the Police Review Board may
(a) confirm the promotion; or
(b) direct the Commissioner to recommend to the Minister that the applicant be promoted to the rank of inspector in accordance with section 11.
(2) On receipt of the Commissioner's recommendation, the Minister is to recommend to the Governor according to that recommendation.
(3) The Governor, on receipt of the Minister's recommendation, may act according to the recommendation.
(4) After conducting a review relating to a promotion to the rank of inspector under section 55(2)(b), the Police Review Board, if it determines that there was an irregularity in the procedures relating to the process that affected the decision, must refer the matter to the Commissioner for reconsideration as the Police Review Board specifies.
(5) If the Police Review Board refers a matter to the Commissioner under subsection (4), the Commissioner, by notice in writing, must notify the action taken as a result of the referral to
(a) the person originally intended to be promoted; and
(b) the applicant for the review; and
(c) the Police Review Board.
(6) The determination of the Police Review Board is final.