|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History ON|
Police Service Act 2003 (No. 75 of 2003)
|Requested: 30 Jun 2016|
|Consolidated as at: 21 Feb 2012|
Division 1 - Establishment of Police Service
4. Police Service
(1) There is established the Police Service.
(2) The Police Service consists of the following ranks:
(b) Deputy Commissioner;
(c) Assistant Commissioner;
(h) Special Constable;
(j) Junior Constable;
(k) any other rank created under subsection (4).
(3) The total number of police officers comprising the Police Service is to be determined by the Minister after considering any recommendation of the Commissioner.
(4) The Commissioner or, in the case of a rank of or above the rank of inspector, the Governor may remove or create a rank.
5. Order of seniority
(1) The order of seniority is as follows:
(a) police officers in the order set out in section 4(2)(a), (b), (c), (d), (e), (f), (g) and (h);
(b) as between 2 police officers of different ranks, the police officer with the higher rank;
(c) as between 2 police officers of the same rank, as determined by the Commissioner;
(d) as between trainees, junior constables and police officers, as determined by the Commissioner.
(2) The seniority of a rank created under section 4(4) is as determined by the Commissioner or the Governor, as appropriate.
(3) The Commissioner is to publish or cause to be published a list of the order of seniority.