|Print Page||Find Component||Find Legislation||History OFF|
Residential Tenancy Act 1997 (No. 82 of 1997)
|Requested: 21 Feb 2017|
|Consolidated as at: 11 Jan 2005|
32. General repairs and maintenance
(1) The owner of residential premises is to maintain the premises as nearly as possible in the condition, apart from reasonable wear and tear, that existed on the day on which the residential tenancy agreement was entered into.
(2) The tenant is to notify the owner of any repairs needed in respect of the premises within 7 days of the need arising.
(3) [Section 32 Subsection (3) substituted by No. 49 of 2003, s. 12, Applied:25 Aug 2004] The owner is to carry out any repairs specified in the notice that do not arise from any fault of the tenant after receipt of the notice.
(a) in the case of boarding premises, within 7 days; or
(b) in any other case, within 28 days
(4) [Section 32 Subsection (4) amended by No. 53 of 2003, Sched. 1, Applied:25 Sep 2003] [Section 32 Subsection (4) omitted by No. 67 of 2003, s. 12, Applied:05 Mar 2004] . . . . . . . .